Background

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Who lights up your life?

My little goofballs are so funny!  I was watching the Oprah show today and she had on singers, blah blah but then Debbie Boone came on and was talking about her family.  Oprah said something that profoundly struck me with regard to Debbie Boone's mother-in-law.  Her mother was Rosemary Clooney and Debbie talked about how her mother-in-law would light up when her children (Clooney's grandchildren) would enter the room.  It was like at that very moment, there was no one else in the world more important than her grandchildren.  Children want to feel that they matter, they need to see our eyes light up when we see them.

I know I do a pretty good job on giving love's and positives.  But I wonder if I do a good enough job of showing genuine pleasure when I see them or they do something good.

Lastly, Ian of course, crawled up in my lap, Debbie was singing "You Light Up My Life" and Ian started humming and trying to sing the song too.  God is so good.  My children are a light in my life and I have gratitude.

Below are some photos of my little goofballs playing in the pool (it's an above ground) but they love it. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following or commenting on my blog. Have a blessed day!