Background

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Raising Dakota

Now the memories of puppy rearing come back to the forward parts of my memory.  House-training and no chewing, come to my mind right away.  Dakota is a very sensitive puppy.  We have had him for 4 days and he is now venturing around the house, sometimes leaving us little presents, and getting to know his new digs.  He will check out things and then come right back to wherever I am. He nudges my leg with his cool nose, guess he is making sure that I am still here or something.  Then he will venture off or lay down near me.  It is too hot to go outside and do anything with him.  So, we will use our evenings to train a little each day.  He is super smart, but afraid of everything.  Buster, our Australian Terrier Mix, is not so sure he likes Dakota.  But I told Buster that he just needs to get over himself.

I really wish that I could afford to put tile on my floors.  Today, I spent 2 hours cleaning carpets because of Dakota and our recent fur-guest.  As I was pushing the cleaner a million and a half times today, I was wishing for tiled floors.  Then I could just whip out my Shark and steam clean the floors!  My husband knows how to do tile, but getting him to do it, well let's just say, that is a hard task to do.  Half my wall is painted on the back porch, my deck estimate - well, he has not gotten around to getting that done, so I definitely will not be adding a tile job to his stealth "honey do" list.   One thing about marriage that I have learned, my priorities are not the same as his and I am doubting they ever will be.   These things are important to me, but not very important to him.  I am not sure I am important!  LOL!  But this is how it is, guess a lot of marriages are like that, so no need to complain.  I will just focus on raising my kids and not have a dream for a nice outdoor area or flooring.  God, don't even let me get started on the hoarder room.  LOL!  That is another post.

Thank God for my kids, my fur-kids, and all that I have in my life that is good.  God is so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following or commenting on my blog. Have a blessed day!